Regardless of the age or environment of your home, molds can appear and cause danger. When there is moisture trapped in walls, ceilings, and floors of your home, then molds will surely grow there. Where there is humid environment and rainy climate, the homes are more susceptible to the infestation of molds. Molds in your walls can easily spread and when they do, spores are released. You can become sick if you are able to inhale mold spores. And it is difficult to know if it is the spores that make you sick since the symptoms look like those of any other sicknesses.
The sicknesses caused by molds look similar to a cold, flu, or allergies. Inhaling a small number of pores can keep you irritated. These spores can irritate your nose, lungs, throat, and eyes. When you are irritated by spores then you can experience sneezing, runny nose, clogged sinuses, itchy or runny eyes, and coughing. These symptoms are so common, you would not think it comes from mold spores. You can also suffer from headaches, dizziness, or nausea.
Longer periods of exposure can make you suffer more pronounced symptoms. The persistence of headaches or dizziness is what you experience. Weight loss and hair loss can also be experienced. It will become difficult for you to absorb nutrients because of diarrhea, coughing up blood, vomiting, and fatigue. Skin rashes, memory loss, and sores are other symptoms of inhaling mold spores. These things can be stopped if you hire professional mold removal services since your house has already become a serious health hazard.
If you don’t want to be in serious danger, then it is important not to neglect hiring professional mold removal services. Sicknesses caused by molds might be incurable. Blindness, bleeding lungs, cognitive impairments, brain damage, long-term memory loss and cancer are some of the effects of prolonged exposure to molds. Sicknesses caused by molds can also result in death, although these are very rare cases.
Remediation is the process of mold removal. Spores exist everywhere and some of them are harmless and this is why the process is called remediation. Because of this, spores cannot be removed completely. Remediation simply means that they are reducing the number of spores to a safe level.
If professional mold removal services will come to your home, they will inspect the severity of the infestation. There will then be a physical removal of the molds. When the molds are physically removed from the area, the hard-to-reach areas will be applied with chemical agents such as bleach, ammonia, borax, and vinegar. Porous materials such as clothes, upholstery, and drywall cannot be salvaged anymore. It is required to thoroughly clean non-porous materials such as glass, metal, and plastic before reusing them.
Professionals will use HEPA filtered vacuum to clean up the spores and dry the air in the room. Spores will not return if the environment is kept dry.